Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Calmness, deep on the surface*

Calmness, deep on the surface*


A nice afternoon is where I begin
I arrive at a pond to meditate within
Joyful is this peace that it does brings
Underneath a locust tree, songbirds start to sing
I affix myself in an opening near the reeds
Ready to look inside myself, a moment to be free


Sitting in lotus position, my being central as I stay
Breathing is correct, eyes turn inward as I gaze
It all comes together, bliss and to be still
Emptiness on the other side, effortlessly in my will
The world around has me enveloped in such peace
Winds are dying down, from a breeze that came to cease


I go a little deeper, having a more placid sense of calm
My eyes open a little and see no ripples on the pond
Trees in the distance little movement as they stay
It is like they do ZAZEN, during the night and all day
Out of silence a little utterance from the wind, as it spoke
I am out of these depths Now as I heard a bullfrog croak


Dom*Colucci 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment