Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Look on the other side of reflection*

Look on the other side of reflection*

Mirror, mirror on the wall
That is you and not me at all
I did at one time take a look
But it seems you looked back and the Soul* you took
It then became a reflection that was shown
Into a world that I became lost and not known

I did my best in a world that competes
But it takes a toll on one and defeats
With self maintenance becoming a disorder
Seeing with ignorant eyes and putting chaos from order
No I cannot live there where the world goes round and round
Leaving one within to an outside never to be found

So I just stay here and watch the music play out
Truth I feel inside is better than your doubts
You may look good and boast as you reflect
But there is many variables that do not direct
For you play your illusions so many do not see
No thanks I will be right here, looking through transparencies

Dom*Colucci 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment